Bark For Life
The American Cancer Society Bark For Life is a fundraising event honoring the life-long contributions of our Canine Caregivers. It presents an opportunity for people to be empowered through their canine companion partnerships and to contribute to cancer cures through the mission of the American Cancer Society.
Canine Caregivers are Canine Companions, Guide Dogs, Service Dogs, Rescue Dogs, Therapy Dogs, Police Dogs, Cancer Survivor Dogs, and Diagnostic Dogs, who with their owners, are joining the American Cancer Society as Relay teams. They participate to celebrate cancer survivorship, to honor people lost to cancer, and to fundraise in support of the American Cancer Society mission of eliminating cancer though research, education, advocacy and service
Canine companions demonstrate unconditional love, joy, security, compassion, and no judgments of cancer survivors abilities or appearances. The American Cancer Society Bark For Life is an irresistible way to partner with your canine best friend, smile, and make new friends canine & human.
What happens at a Bark For Life event?
Families and their dogs come together for a few hours during the day and complete a one mile walk to honor the care giving qualities of their canine "Best Friends" and cancer survivors.
- Doggie games
- Top dog & dress up contests
- Team and community fundraising
- Music and Food
- Special dog guest demonstrations by groups such as: therapy, police or rescue dogs
Family and professional dogs bring the warm hearted feelings of wagging tails to the ACS Bark For Life to make the Bark a happy and meaningful community event to support the mission of the American Cancer Society.
Who can participate in a Bark For Life event?
The heart of the Bark For Life is the relationship between survivors and their canine companions. Every family, co-worker, friend, or community member who has been close to a cancer experience and has a dog in their life, is invited to support the American Cancer Society by registering and fundraising through the Bark For Life.
Human and canine Bark participants find:
- The opportunity to share heartwarming experiences
- New support systems and Hope for cancer cures
- New care giving relationships
- The opportunity to become an advocate for a cancer free world by volunteering to grow the Bark For Life
- Bark sponsorships that involve new businesses and services that cater to dog and pet products. Dog trainers, veterinarians, groomers, breeders, and dog rescue agencies are proud to support the ACS through support of the Bark For Life.
- National pet food and supply chains are proud to donate and participate in the Bark For Life.
Would you like to lead the team or join the team?
This isn’t what I wanted.
Cancer has touched all of us in some way. And we want to stop this disease in its tracks. We'll spend the next few weeks fundraising for the American Cancer Society. Then, on the day of the event, we'll honor the lives lost to cancer, celebrate survivors, and support the caregivers who so selflessly help others.
Together, we'll be a part of making a difference in this important cause.