Survivors & Caregivers
We don't face cancer alone and neither should you. We come together every year at more than 5,200 community Relay For Life events around the country and celebrate those individuals who are winning the fight. The American Cancer Society Relay For Life movement is the world's largest support group for survivors and their caregivers.
A cancer survivor is defined by the American Cancer Society as anyone who is living with cancer, from the date of diagnosis. If you have ever heard the words, "You have cancer," we invite you to participate as a survivor.
Whether you're a survivor or caregiver, getting involved in your local Relay For Life event can introduce you to others who are facing the same challenges, and provide opportunities for learning, sharing, and friendship.
Why Survivors Participate in Relay For Life
- Meet other cancer survivors who have had the same experiences
- Become a part of the largest cancer support group in the world
- Serve as inspiration to those newly diagnosed with the disease
- Publicly recognize and thank caregivers for their support and commitment
Would you like to lead the team or join the team?
This isn’t what I wanted.
Cancer has touched all of us in some way. And we want to stop this disease in its tracks. We'll spend the next few weeks fundraising for the American Cancer Society. Then, on the day of the event, we'll honor the lives lost to cancer, celebrate survivors, and support the caregivers who so selflessly help others.
Together, we'll be a part of making a difference in this important cause.
This tool allows event managers to edit sections of the event website. Here’s how:
- When you see the edit pencil icon, click it to enable edit mode for that section of the page.
- Use the in-line editor controls to make changes to the section.
- Use the save icon to save your changes and exit edit mode.
It’s that easy! Throughout the year, we’ll unlock more sections and add features to this tool in order to improve your ability to manage your event website.
Visit RelayForLife.org/emcsupport for website management resources.